Overview – Bibliotropic mainly reviews fantasy and speculative fiction. If your book does not fall into either of the above categories, then this is not the review blog for you.
Note – I am not, as a rule, a big fan of romance novels. I don’t mind if romance is in there, but if it’s the main focus of the characters, I get bored very quickly and wish I could tell them to get their priorities straight. As I often say, I prefer my romance to be a side dish rather than the main course. If your novel has a very heavy romantic slant to it, then chances are I’m going to enjoy it less than if it had been toned down.
- If I read it, I will review it. This applies to books I enjoyed and books I didn’t.
- All reviews posted and written by me are my own opinion and are owned by me.
- I am not accepting self-published works for review.
- I cannot guarantee that I will be able read every book that I receive for review, but I will make every effort.
- I will cross-post my reviews on GoodReads, and Amazon.com, as well as spreading the word through Twitter and Facebook.
- I will not do author interviews unless I have read at least one of the author’s books.
- All books received for review by publishers or authors will be noted as such in the final review. Anything without that note was either purchased by me or borrowed from a friend or the library.
Some people always think that their exceptions are exceptional. Sometimes they are. Very often they’re not. The following are things you can do that will almost certainly guarantee that I will not review your book. Bear in mind that many of the items on this list are inspired by things that have actually happened to me, or to others I’ve spoken to.
- You pitch books to me that are from genres that I do not read
- Your pitch involves multiple words that are spelled incorrectly
- Your pitch references authors you’ve supposedly been compared to, with their names spelled incorrectly
- I already refused your pitch last week
- Your pitch includes an offer in which you write “my” review yourself
- Your pitch revolves around telling me just how sexy and hot your story is
- Emailing me repeatedly to find out when the review will be posted will not make it the book get read and the review get written any faster.
If you are fine with the above policies and would like to contact me regarding author interviews, guest posts, review copies, or any giveaways or contests you would like to have hosted through Bibliotropic, then please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for thinking of me when it comes to book reviews!